Logistics and Guidelines – Oral Presentations
- 15 minutes, including questions from the audience, will be allocated to each oral presentation.
- A limit of one oral presentation from sessions (this limit does not include participation in plenary presentation) will be allowed for each conferee.
- Final accepted oral presentations should be submitted to the Conference Secretariat by November 8, 2019.
Logistics & Guidelines - Poster Presentations
Presenters are expected to be present at their posters during the dedicated poster session times, to be determined closer to the conference. The exact location of each poster presentation will be listed in the final program.
- Posters must be in portrait orientation (vertical) and not exceed A0 format. Posters in landscape orientation (horizontal) will not fit on the poster boards being used at the conference.
- Poster boards are laminated, in size about 2.40 metres (94,5 inches) tall by 0.95 metre (37,5 inches) wide. Use double-sided adhesive tape or binder clips to attach your poster to the board. Double-sided adhesive tape and binder clips will be available on-site.
- You are responsible for set-up and take down of your own poster. Posters must be mounted by the author(s) and may not be mailed in advance. Unclaimed posters are not the responsibility of the conference organizers, planner, or conference centre staff and will be disposed following the conference. You will be notified of the set up and tear down times closer to the conference.
Suggestions for effective posters
- Letters and numbers should be large enough to be readable from 1.5 m. For example, font size recommendations for Arial font: Title = 72 pt; Author and affiliation = 48 pt; Text = 36 pt. Use simple typeface and use bold type for headings.
- Use bullets, and keep text to a minimum. Don’t crowd information onto the poster.
- Keep figures and tables simple.
- Use a simple background and color scheme that does not detract from the information being presented.
- Excessive use of organization logos or advertisements is discouraged.
- If possible, provide miniaturized copies of the poster (e.g., 22 cm x 28 cm; 8.5” x 11”) and your business card.
- Provide an envelope where people can leave their business card for requesting additional information.
- Include a recent photo of yourself in the upper right-hand corner so that people can find you for discussion later.